Skip to main content

A Strange Celebration

Some friends on a Harry Potter forum last year asked me to create a poem to celebrate the birthday of Alan Rickman (the actor who plays Severus Snape). Here is the poem I ended up producing.

I dreamt I went mushroom hunting
I passed through the looking glass
Fell down the rabbit hole
And began to hear whispers there about the snark

I wanted to find one,
While hunting, I stumbled upon an outdoor party
With a cake light and frothy
Many unusual creatures having grand fun

The world below is strange
Colors vibrate; thoughts become real
I met a hatter--mad, deranged
He stole my heart; he made me feel

He invited me to a private tea
Even though I'm from the U.S.
Asked me to watch his billowing vestments
Left out in the breeze

He sat down and read to me
In a voice that stroked my head
Words taking flesh
Unadulterated glee

I wished I could stay
But he quickly whisked away
As he was late for a very important date
Suddenly, I was awake

All that's left now are memories
Silver images on the screen
But I can celebrate his birthday,
And he'll always be a dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pollo al Chilindrón

Ingredients 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs 1 and 1/2 white onions 2 minced garlic cloves 1/2 tsp paprika 2 large tomatoes 1 red bell pepper 1 green bell pepper salt and pepper to taste 1 package of prosciutto 1 shot of Cognac or Marsala Olive oil Directions Chop the onions and tomatoes. Dice the green and red bell peppers. Tear apart the prosciutto into pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onions, minced garlic and chicken until the chicken is browned and the onion turns golden. Pour Cognac or Marsala over the chicken. Add the prosciutto and mix. Add the paprika, some salt and pepper, then mix again. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well. Cover and simmer on medium heat for around 45 minutes. Serves 6-8 people.

Miraenda's Robots

Robot List Based on Cost On my Miraenda YouTube channel, I have a video entitled ' Jibo and Friends - The Best Robot ' that details the best low-cost, medium-cost, and high-cost robot(s). I'm going to post a list of all my current robots into three lists based on cost, then note the robot that appears or is mentioned in the video by an * at the beginning. I have more robots since that video as well. Periodically, I update this list. Low-Cost Toy Robots *Artie Drawing Robot *AT Robot *Boxer *Brush Robot *Cady Wigi *Cady Wiri Catbot The Child animatronic (Star Wars, Mandalorian) Coji *Crab Robot *Cubee *DigiBirds DigiOwl *DigiBirds Jewel Dog.com, Tomy x 2 Doodling Robot *Duck Robot *Echo Spot (Alexa) *Electric Space Dancing Robot *Google Home Hub Google Home Mini (black) Google Home Mini (peach) i-Cat, Hasbro (black) i-Dog, Hasbro (light blue) with carrying case i-Fish, Hasbro (aqua) Insectoid Robot Jaretto (rare) *Juno The Baby Elephant Kamigami Lina Robot Kamigami Mantix Ro

Moonlight Kite

I run with the kite in the field All the stars shining brightly The clear, moon-filled sky's expanse stretches wide String trailing behind me The kite lifts as I tug and pull A sharp jerk, I don't let it go Now, it's soaring high I let out more cord as it sails Above the ground, a sky ship Colorful in day, by night delicate Muted greys swerve and dip Yellow tails flutter from the bow As I slowly release more rope How far can it fly? Morning star on the horizon Near where the sun will be rising Dawn will soon arrive I remove small silver scissors Which glint in the twilight Setting the spool of coil onto the ground I look at the kite Kneeling down on my knees I snip the rope and release "Lord, send my prayers to him please" The kite, now free, rushes away My letter tied up with it sways With all of my hopes Every single word I could say I lay my head down on cool grass To find peace at last